Re: Quick Questions

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ian Lacey ;The problem is your microscopic view. Step back an look .
      The TC is a air core transformer with a high voltage and a primary
secondary torns ratio . If the primary is one turn the  and the secondary is
one turn the output will be the same as the input less losses. This dose not
consider the resonance.
 only the ratoi ( except for ED's theory) The wave shape has littel if any
effect. Now if we add resonance  The output of the system is dependent on
the Q of the circuit and the output wave shape is sinusodial as the
secondary resonates ,not square wave as the input may be. The pulse width of
the input dose change the total power transphered but not the voltage. The
brialience of the spark will change and may not be seen if to littel power
is transphered but the voltage is still volts in x ratio less losses times
resonance effect. Before breakout,  losses can be very low and the resonance
effect can give you 4x boost in voltage (not power). When I used 2wo 5 ft
dia spheres I could get over a mega volt beforer carona discharges would
limit my voltage. My limitations were insulation and humidity but the Abs
humidity in Wyoming in winter is very low at -50 o F.
     Robert   H