Re: Safety gap issues

"
I knew about the last thing you said. The fast break rate of tesla coil allows previously ionized channels to act like wires in the air, for future sparks to jump through. This effect allows the jackob ladder's effect, and streamer growth. Trust me, im not some idiot raving about laws and equations. I too have wondered if my calculatioons are way off, but half of my calculated voltage? Oh god that sucks- a mere 195KV output. Hardly a tesla coil at all."

Measure the single-spark spark length and you can get a better idea of the voltage. Of course, you have to consider the shape of the terminals in determining the breakdown voltage.

Ed