Re: Safety gap issues

At 08:53 AM 11/27/2005, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

WOW, NICE. According to what you just said, my coil produces an absolute maximum of 533KV (if my toroid were perfectly smooth) Half a million volts seems too much for a mere 14" discharge average. But, if you say half a million, i'll go with that! :P

You're saying that the minimum radius of curvature is about 18 cm? 14" That's a fairly good sized toroid, especially if smooth.

Methinks you're perhaps half of that, or less (is it 6" or 4" expandable tubing you're using?), and not smooth, so in the 100-200kV area is more plausible. (2" radius = 140kV in the best case)