Re: Unpot (possible PCB content)

Original poster: David Speck <Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jeremiah,
Just for fun, take a look at the chemical structures in:

http://www.phys.hawaii.edu/~sattler/Publications/pdf-files/NewAspects%20of%20growth.pdf

and note the chemical analyses of coal tar, coal pitch, and related compounds in:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp85-c4.pdf

To be honest, the potting material in NSTs is more accurately pitch, rather than tar.

Dave

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

Then with that in mind,  what IS in tar that makes it
biologically  harmfull to the human body?  I see I was
wrong about it being PCB's, another chemical that
becomes active/released when the tar is heated?

If anything in tar was so deadly, I surely would be
feeling the effects by now :P

If you know why they say tar is dangerous, speak up...
Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp