Re: fantc - off-line version 1.5 :-)

Hi All,

My last post. Programs, hmmm...

Feel free to plagiarize anything you like on my site. I don't have any problem with that, and never did. Just release it with a different name or something. I know Dmitry meant no harm and didn't cause any. I enjoy his postings immensely and he is certainly a wonderful member to this great list!

Only html was edited (usually, no big deal). But, there are some issues when dealing with various browsers on various platforms. The html itself in Fantc and Javatc is thick and convoluted, but that came from browser variations. Browsers don't handle scripts or html the same way and I've tried to make it as universal as possible. These issues are impossible to foresee and sometimes just plain impossible to make happen without different programs for various browsers/platforms (doesn't have anything to do with how good the programmer is or what he thinks he knows).

Dmitry's pc version should have been issued as "fantc_DmitryStyle", "fantc_pc", or something other than "fantc" simply to differentiate it. That's all my issue is (but which I feel is, obvious?).

Apparently, this is to much to expect and that protocol is to difficult to comprehend.

So, my apologies to anyone offended and especially Dmitry.

Enjoy the show, it's quite entertaining!
Barton B. Anderson

p.s.
"I'll just send this to you Bart (hopefully, you guys can settle this offline)".
Tried that. Guess what? no response. Go figure.

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello.

it`s my last reply to this topic - not because i have nothing to say,
not because i agree with all these thoughts - nothing of the sort like
this. i`ve just received a wonderfull e-mail from Terry Fritz this
morning - it`s everything i needed.

Terry understands me _exactly_, that`s why now i absolutely don`t care
what the rest are thinking about, coz now i definitely know that
there`s at least one person who agrees with me, i know why does he
agree and this man is certainly not a outsider here.
and btw - i rather doubt that those who were "against" me, wrote at
least one program till their life, and all your remarks about
"respect" & "copyright" - i guess Richard Stallman would just
die from the laughing in this situation. seriously. just die where he
stood.

just for information - i was programming for several years -
assembler, zilog Z80, but it was very long time ago - in the other life.

p.s.
i was always doing (and i`m going to do) everything that i can with
the program i liked, to make it more useful and easy to work with.

p.p.s.
Terry - thank you. i guess you`ve save a lot of my time - of course at
the cost of yours :-(

p.p.p.s.
i, being an author, officially close this thread - don`t try to
discuss anything here and especially personally with me.

-----
Happy coiling, unlimited electricity, basic food and requisite sleep.
21-06-1996 (c) Robert W. Stephens