From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:32 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Unpot ++

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should have put the transformer in the kitchen oven for about an
hour to melt the tar.  The tar can be poured off like water.  Wrap
the #36 wire several times around a lead out wire and solder
it.  Cover the coil with several layers of fiberglass tape the kind
you buy from a motor rewind shop.  Lay the lead out wire on top of
the tape then wrap another layer of tape of it.  Put 2 layers of
polyurethane varnish over the tape.  Put the coil back in the
transformer leaving out some of the shunts.  Melt the old tar in pan
stir in 50% high voltage oil.  The oil will mix fine with the
tar.  The tar will dry soft with all that oil.  Put the transformer
back into the original case and pour the hot tar over it.   You can
also build your own box and fill it with 100% high voltage oil with
the unpotted neon inside.  A unpotted neon in 100% HV oil makes a
bullet proof neon.

Gary Weaver