Re: Variac blowing fuses (another newbie questin)

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Folks.

Just an idea from someone who is
"so not an expert", but I wanted to share
my thoughts.

Quenching ist easier/better with a ground connecting
streamer I believe as energy is easily transferred out of
the system. Maybe the worse quenching leaves some
residual charge in the cap, which could increase power
factor as the cap does not draw execcive initial charging
current, as it is already charged to a cetrain value.
I am speaking of charge in the Cpri as a result of energy
flowing back from the secondary side, but I am not sure
if and how the charge could always have the right polarity.
Ok, maybe this is just a stupid idea... however

best regards

Christoph Bohr