RE: Unpot ++

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

When I had my Jefferson 15/60 unpotted and apart, I toyed with the idea
of cutting the laminations to achieve a shunt reduction, but it was
clear that anything I tried would leave the laminations less than
perfectly flat, and then I'd never get it back together again.  But
since that same transformer now pulls in excess of 20A from the wall,
I'm glad I didn't do anything to supercharge it any further.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The shunts are part of the core itself iirc (small "legs" sticking
> out betwen the primary and secondary). I'd remove 1/3-1/2 of 'em
> (50-100% more current depending on how big a duty cycle you want)
> with a dremel tool.
>
> Mike
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

Is