RE: Help with my First Coil

Original poster: "Victor Yoo" <vlysvc@xxxxxxxxxx>

WOW, Is this a proven design? I have been in electronics for 40 years and
just never got around to building a coil. After my initial investment, I
want to make sure that this works the first time with minimal additional
expenses. Any Ideas on where to get the Tungsten for the RSG?

Oh yea , I LIKE MY LITTLE PIG!!!

Victor

-----Original Message----- From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 3:31 PM To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Help with my First Coil

Use a height to dia ratio of 4.5:1.  This fixes the length at 90 inch
winding length for a 20 to 24 inch dia coilform.  Divide this length
by 1,400 turns to get the wire OD --- determines wire gauge.  Use
silver-tinned stranded wire with 1 kV PVC insulation. It should work
out around 18 AWG at this power level.  Torroid should be 52 inch dia
x 16 inch cross section ---
can be made with metal mesh.  Contact me off-list for construction photos.

If you are going high power you must use a large dia sec coil form to
extract the most performance possible --- why waste the energy?    V
= -L Di/dT so to maximize L (inductance) it goes up as square of the
coilform radius and also the square of the number of turns, ie, L =
r^2* n^2 / 9a + 10b.

16 inch dia x 10 electrode RSG running at 3450 RPM or close to that
--- fast quenching.  Need current limiting at 70 pri Amps to pump
15.5 kVA into the system.  Primary cap = 0.2 uF 50 kV pulse duty rated.

Dr. Resonance