Re: DON'T get killed!! - Re: Somewhat off topic. Neon gas tubes..

Original poster: <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Looking at the CPSC web site, I found that there are about 500 to 800 people per year who are electrocuted from consumer (houshold) electronics. Seems hard to believe, but that is their statistics.

http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/shock95.pdf

Dave Goodfellow

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:29 AM Subject: DON'T get killed!! - Re: Somewhat off topic. Neon gas tubes..

Hi,

While requesting info for the Tesla coil death list:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Deaths.txt

I got two folks wondering about people killed with "just" Neon Sign Transformers... They did not make "this" list since they were not doing Tesla coils. One was a high school kid doing Jacob's ladders...

Be very assured that a LOT of people have been killed by NSTs!!! Don't go getting careless out there!!!

BTW - A large number of people have been killed by car ignition circuits (conventional and HEI) too!!! All it takes is a "bad" day...

Cheers,

        Terry