Re: Tesla Receiver Coil

Original poster: Mark Barlow <barlow_tesla_lst@xxxxxxxxx>

Matt, Ed, and Everyone Else

Thanks for your posts I'm glad to get some discussion on this topic. Yes Matt, I have found hundreds of hours of good reading on the list about Tesla Receiver Coils, but it's a lot to sieve through. What I really would like are some pictures, web links, schematics, experimental data, and MEASURMENTS that concern Tesla Receiver Coils if anyone has got them.

Ed, I agree with you. At that close proximity my receiver coil is certainly coupled to my Tesla Coil through capacitance. As far as near field induction goes, if you work it out for a 200 kHz coil, a quarter wavelengths distance would extend 1227 feet.

So if I am operating in the region you suggested, I've got 1222 more feet to go!

Matt, I am well aware of picking up energy from AM broadcasting towers, and the power loss that falls of with the square of distance. However, there are other transmission modes were you do not have distance square losses, such as surface guided waves for example.

I would love to see some empirical data on this subject, other than what Tesla has collected! I'm going to forge on, making improvements to my receiver. You keep me posted with some references and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Mark Barlow

P.S.

Matt, I would love to see the C.O.P.s for your industrial laser verses a conventional cigarette lighter evaluation.

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/5/05 1:19:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,