Re: Mike Marcum Ferrite Cores

You can buy a pole xmfr for the price of a large ferrite core. We sell 10 kVA, 14.4 kV/220 volt units for only $95!!

Dr. Resonance

Well I certainly know about not having the funds
to finish projects! I wound a nice 10" coil a few
years ago, even got a big spun torroid for it and
there it sits on the living room coffee table
gathering dust. :-P  So that transformer is a
going to be high frequency inverter type, I bet
the weight reduction will be a great advantage
when transporting the beast. What I'm really
curious about is the ferrite cores you used,
are they the C-core type or the E-core kind?
Also about how big are they and what type of
material did you decide upon?