Re: OL-DRSSTC 7 - It's Alive!

Hi Mike,

At 05:37 PM 10/9/2005, you wrote:
> It does take a primary voltage over about 200V to get the coil to
> trigger.  It would be nice if that were lower so it could run under
> power control with a variac...  I was also using a 100 ohm resistor
> "tapped" across the bridge output to give extra kick for manual
> firing.  Interesting since that opens up some possibilities for
> 120BPS and other very simple BPS controls.

Hi Terry,
 Isn't it possible to run the trigger circuit directly from 120vac and
connect the power supply to the variac?
  If it is not, please explain why to help me understand what is going
on with your circuit.
                                               Mike K.

Right now, I am using the AC line to charge a cap and discharge it in 0.0000045 seconds synced with the AC line at about a 35 amp 45uS pulse... There is only a "little energy" in that case, so the "musical note" has to be played just right.

The H-bridge "rejects" signals that are not the right frequency. Like a radio, it only plays songs at the given band.... If the current pulse is too short or long, it just confuses the H-bridge into chaos and it never "goes bang"...

There are probably a zillion other ways to trigger the H-bridge into oscillation!!! But this is the way I have tonight...

Cheers,

        Terry