Re: AC wire resistance with proximitry effects

Hi Bart,

I understand now what you are saying. One thing I might question is your equation for Q. I dont think this is the right equation for a series RLC circuit:

The RLC Laplace impedance is sL + R + 1/sC

I(s) = V(s) / sL+R+1/sC

to put in standard form:

I(s)/V(s) =  (s/L) / (s^2 + sR/L + 1/LC) = (s/L) / (s^2 + s Wo/Q + Wo^2)

Wo =  sqrt (1/LC)

R/L = Wo/Q

Q = WoL/R = sqrt (L/C) / R

Gerry R

First, regarding Ldc. Your right, it's not in the equation for Fraga, but it is used when predicting Q. Here is what I'm doing, at least at this time.

ESR = wL/Q
Q = wL/ESR
I am replacing ESR with Fraga's resistance because it is a combined R.