[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Terry filter construction
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Terry filter construction
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:31:32 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:36:57 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <CgYTgC.A.OSH.2g_SDB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Dirk Stubbs" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am now building my Terry filter but I have a couple questions. How
much distance must be between separate the parts of different
potential? For example, how much distance is required to prevent it
arcing over the circuit?
I have kept two things in mind while building these components.
1. Electricity follows path of least resistance.
2. Any distance smaller than safety gap will arc there
first. Approximately, how wide should the safety gap be set?
I have posted an image of my Terry filter template. I drew it up in
AutoCad, then printed it up. This makes drilling the holes a lot
easier and nicer. Do you see any errors in my template design?
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.14/128 - Release Date: 10/10/2005