Scope camera mod.

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

It's only slightly off-topic: I snagged two surplus Tek C53 scope cameras from an Ebay auction ($38 total incl. shipping!) & have gutted one and adapted it for my Canon A80 digital camera. See

http://www.hot-streamer.com/temp/2cameras.jpg

It works like a champ & others might want to keep an eye on the Web & do the same. As you can see, I took off the Polaroid back, made an adapter plate and mounted on that a 52 mm lens-adapter for attaching the A80 (with which I took the picture so you don't see it)..

Haven't tried out the unmodified one yet but it looks in great shape; even has an 8-AA battery pack (the C5 option) for use with scopes other than the Tek 7000 series. I'll likely offer it for sale some time along with a manual + all the stuff from the other one.

Ken Herrick