Re: Terry filter construction

Air spacing is not relevant. Surface tracking is your main consideration which usually exceeds the air values by 700-800%. We make our polyethylene boards approx 2 inches wider than the NST we are using with each HV side down the side and approx 1/4 inch inboard. The center line contains the ground wire. This works out to approx 7.5 to 8 inch wide PE board for a 30 or 60 mA NST. Don't use PVC --- tracks too easy -- slightly surface hygroscopic.

Dr. Resonance

Hi Dirk,