Re: OL-DRSSTC 9 - Better trigger!!

At 08:30 PM 10/11/2005, you wrote:

Terry --- any photos yet of the spark output?

Dr. Resonance

Gee, I take like 50 scope captures and all you wanna see are sparks :o)) I fully admit that I look at the scope a whole lot more than the sparks :-))

But right now they are only about a foot in bright light and I was really not trying to get more at all. First I need to go to the 150nF primary cap and 18uF primary coil so that the burst time is reduced a whole lot.. The giant 1.8mS firing cycle is putting to much thermal load on the IGBTs right now (the low current also has poor switch timing) to really let it loose. I will also have to take it outside...

But I will take pictures next time no matter what. if you had not have mentioned it, I would never have thought of it 0:-) The scope data is where all the excitement is, at least for "me" ;-))

Cheers,

Terry