Re: half filter?? and what all I need before primary circuit

Hi Daniel,

I would recommend protection in this order of expense.

1. Safety gap
2. Resisters and caps
3. MOV's

The safety gap (properly adjusted) will prevent overvoltage.
The resisters and caps will filter the RF
The MOVs are a last resort incase everything else fails. They will give their life to protect the NST.

The caps can be obtained from digikey and are not expensive. The power resister is what is expensive. If nothing else, have a safety gap.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, i was wondering instead of using the entire terry filter design, could i just use the MOV's, safety gap, and resistors, and leave out the highly expensive caps and still get a relative ammount of safety? if not... what is the best way to get protection for my 9KV30mA " cheaply and effectively "
what is all you need basically before you send off the power towards the tank cap and spark gap? like filter / RF chokes / safety gap? i am still a little confused and before i buy the parts (I am poor) i would really like to know what all to buy. Thanks a million!
Daniel from Canada