Re: safety gap setup

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If it were me, I would close the main gap down to a tenth of an inch and
fire up the coil in short bursts for testing purposes.  You won't get as
much output as you normally would, but you will reduce the likelihood of
frying your NST.

As for your safety gap, rounded elecrodes are better, as they present a more
uniform field.  Mine is made from the rounded ends of carriage bolts.

Jon