Re: safety gap setup

Hi Miles,

Gerry is correct. There is a lot of history here of async run NST deaths. You can run a sync gap with your NST farm. But for start up, I'd suggest a multigap and then upgrade later.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Miles,

I would start with a fan cooled multigap and NOT use an async rotary on a NST. They tend to kill NSTs.

Gerry R

Original poster: mileswaldron@xxxxxxxxxxx
I will probably be too excited to wait for the parts to get here before I start up my new coil. I am either going to use a vacuum gap, an async rotary, or a fan cooled multigap.