Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

> >As far as I know, an x-ray tube at the top of a 10 megavolt tesla coil is > >something that nobody has ever experimented with.

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Tesla list wrote: > Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx> > hundreds of messages as read to catch up tonight. > I saw this as it came in and thought you would like to know that > Golka did use a cold cathode x-ray tube as a rectifier.

Yep, but I'm talking about a miles-tall vertical "searchlight beam" which
acts as the main antenna.

Still, I'm glad to know that x-ray tubes can rectify TC output.  After
all, if the ionization decayed too slowly, then the conductive path would
stay open between pulses.  If this happened then x-ray tubes could not be
used to change 40KHz tesla coil output into 7.8Hz, and in that case we'd
have no idea how Tesla could have broadcast high power at few-Hz VLF.

(((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST website billb at amasci com http://amasci.com EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci