Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: William Beaty billb@xxxxxxxxxx

As far as I know, an x-ray tube at the top of a 10 megavolt tesla coil is something that nobody has ever experimented
with.

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

. . . Golka did use a cold cathode x-ray tube as a rectifier. . . .
. . . Of course that never worked. . . .

According to Sam T. all of those custom-made single-electrode X-ray tubes immediately failed when placed into operation at the top of his Tesla coil. . . .

Yep, but I'm talking about a miles-tall vertical "searchlight beam" which acts as the main antenna. . . .

The purpose of the ionizing beam is to create a conducting path between the transmitter's and the receiver's elevated terminal up to the conducting region of the atmosphere. Rather than "antenna," a better term for the "searchlight beam" is "high-voltage transmission line."

Gary Peterson

William J. Beaty