Re: OL-DRSSTC - 13

Hi Steve,

At 12:16 PM 10/16/2005, you wrote:

Is there any way to run 340VDC? Might be better to use more V and less I for the IGBTs. You could most likely make better use of the IGBTs that way. Im wondering if a half-wave voltage doubler could work (as seen in microwave ovens, or our VTTCs)?

Sure, the buss voltage is fairly arbitrary. I just used the easy 120VAC line. I suppose with a resonant 240VAC circuit you could get to 500VDC on the buss fairly easily. Of course, various part values would have to be changed for higher voltage but it should be pretty easy.

The next great improvement is to figure out how to run at 120BPS instead of 60 BPS. Right now, I use the dead AC half cycle to fire since there is no extra input power coming in and I know the thing will turn off. If extra AC power were coming in, it will just keep firing continuously.

Steve Ward
Cheers,

        Terry