Re: Recent s.s.t.c work

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Back to the workbench for a little while: I find little phase shift in the 1:1 c.m. choke I use for a transformer. Instead, there seems to be quite a bit in the "pilot oscillator" circuit when it's being used as the feed-thru path for the feedback signal. I have to get rid of that scheme & instead, bypass that oscillator with the feedback signal. Happily, I see a way to do that with a couple of unused logic gates currently on the board. Just have to do a little more re-wirewrapping...and debugging, of course.

Sean Taylor: Your microprocessor scheme would be daunting for this old analog has-been. (I was called that, in sardonic jest, by a collegue over 40 years ago & the expression still entertains me.)

One could easily generate logic-level pulses at primary-current and bridge-supply-current sign changes, using the standard EX-OR gate circuit. Then the trick would be to make a delay or control circuit that would bring those pulses into coincidence. Beyond that, I haven't yet thought anything thru. Except for the above, to see if I can make my scheme "good enough".

KCH