Re: Recent s.s.t.c work

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Update #2: Adding 20 uF to the 3 uF drive-xfmr coupling capacitor did bupkus for the phase shift between the H-bridge supply current and the primary current. So I looked further and took the photo at
http://www.hot-streamer.com/temp/KCH_TCH7.jpg
It appears that the "phase shift" that has been puzzling me is nothing more than the to-be-expected turn-on delay in the IGBTs. Surprise, surprise!

That seems quite clear from the photo: Turn-on of a pair of the IGBTs occurs about 1 us after the beginning of the + gate excursion. And turn-off of that pair's reverse-diodes begins about 2 us after the turn-on. Do I have that right?

So...how is one to compensate for that? Does one need to? Can't do it (that's what I think)? Anyone...?

KCH

And by the way, I realize why the waveforms in my photos appear to overlap the scope bezel: What appears to be the bezel is actually a frame in the phosphor of the CRT, not the exterior bezel of the scope.