Re: SIBNIIE

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

How many stages were in that? I couldn't count em all, lol.

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 10:09 PM
Subject: RE: SIBNIIE

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Wow!!!!!!
Those pictures were great. I can't get over how big everything is in that damn place, like the "House of 4800kV Of Fun" that towers over the 5 storey building next to it. The Marx bank is amazing, I thought it looked pretty big to start with, then when I saw the ladders inside, and Dmitry's feet in the frame, I got a sense of the scale of it. It must be absolutely colossal.
I always wondered what the big cylinder that houses the Marx is made of. From the pictures, it looks like specially made ceramic bricks that fit together into a giant insulator. It all kind of puts our little HV playthings into perspective :-/
Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/