Server status!!

Original poster: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings all,

Yesterday I got the server and even got it home!  The whole box weighs
about 70 lbs.  It's an HP DL385 with 2G memory, 3 146G scsi disks, a
2.2GHz AMD dual core opteron.  With the redundant fan kit in it, it sounds
like dueling blowdriers.

It's really beautiful and boots up nicely.  I'll start the configuring
Thursday night and installing it in the rack on Saturday morning.

Once it's installed and working, hosting domains, web sites, mailing
lists, etc., I'll add contributors to the web page.

I also want to recognize and express my sincere thanks to Tom Coyle who
put the whole deal together.  He coordinated the acquisition,
configuration, and shipping of this machine, as well as donating a pair of
disk drives.

As well as Tom, I want to thank everyone who did or will contribute to
funding this machine.  I believe that we've raised around $2100, but
that's just an estimate from memory.

Thanks again everyone!

More as it develops...

Chip