Subject: Re: Recent s.s.t.c work
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:10:58 -0700
From: K. C. Herrick <mailto:kchdlh@xxxxxxx><kchdlh@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx><tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

Steve Ward (& all)-

[snipped]

In -9 you can see that one of the gate voltages is still slowing down before the 0V level is reached. II think that is due to Miller effect in the IGBT, when the "top" IGBT on that side of the bridge turns off, pulling too much current, thru the gate:drain capacitance, from the gating transistor, which does not have enough base drive at that instant or has lower gain. I'll need to work on that.

[snipped]