Re: Recent s.s.t.c work

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

On 10/19/05, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <<mailto:kchdlh@xxxxxxx>kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Nope, no shoot-thru in this instance because no H.V. is applied. I
didn't apply H.V. because I'd need 4 probes to implement 2
differential connections and I only have 3.

KCH

Hi Ken,

I meant shoot through in the gate driver half-bridge that drives the gate of each main IGBT. No HV would have to present to have shoot-through there, just the 60VDC present on the drivers.

Anyway, the shift register is an interesting idea, and i will be curious to see how it effects stability. I would suspect that it might be just fine working in that manner because 1) you should be running for just a few cycles, and 2) the frequency of the primary *shouldnt* shift a whole lot during those few cycles. So chances are the feedback will be slightly off, but im guessing that its gonna be much closer to the zero cross than what you have now ;-). The nice thing about that shift register is that its independent of your operating frequency (assuming i understand how the shifter works). Hope that all works out well, good luck! Make sure to allow for more than enough shift.

Steve