Re: srsg + mots - happy couple?

Original poster: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ted L in NZ here

Gapped MOT's will make the inductor. A series parrallel array is likely to
be very effective

A few months ago I did some experiments with MOT secondaries with DC flowing
in them. I reported quite a rapid drop off in L as the DC biasd current
increased. I was wrong due to an experimental error arising from AC current
being diverted into the DC injecting circuit as the amount of DC was
increased. This caused me to think the MOT L was dropping in error.

I have since refined the method of measuring the AC current only in the MOT
and have found a MOT maintains its L up to about 300mA if it is gapped. I'll
post the details soon
Best
Ted
PS recently acquired 30 odd MOT's from a repair shop so can assist NZ
coilers
Subject: Re: srsg + mots - happy couple?