Re: srsg + mots - happy couple :-P

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>here are the model of my psu:

> It looks great to me. My only question is where will you get the 20
> henry inductor that can withstand 10kV?

today i`ve measured the secondaries inductance of my 4 mots - 3
different models, all are rated for 220v, and all have a visible
saturation starting from approx. 180v, the shunts are not removed
yet.

at Usec=1152v (Upri=113v) Lsec=140H, at Usec=1728v (Upri=173v) Lsec=120H.
coupling coefficient: a couple of the same mots - 0.97, two more -
0.98 each.
so, it seems that Lsec=127H and coupling=0.97 that i`ve used for my
model, are rather real values :-P

here`re the waveforms with NO inductor at all (I(L6) - it`s the
current through the mot secondary):

http://cis.ru/~dest/my_psu22.GIF
http://cis.ru/~dest/my_psu33.GIF

compare them with the old ones (with inductor in place):

http://cis.ru/~dest/my_psu2.GIF
http://cis.ru/~dest/my_psu3.GIF

d`you see any _considerable_ differences? i don`t, the current
increases just a tiny bit faster, but who  cares? :-)
so i think that "srsg + mots" would be a VERY happy couple :-D

p.s.
sh@ttin switchercad doesn`t have "yellow" - only "green", but i didn`t
noticed it at night %-)