Re: SMALL SPARKS: PLENTY OF POWER- NO TIME

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>
I would usually troubly shoot this sort of problem
myself, but I am almost OUT OF TIME!  I have a show to
do in 5 days!
One of my coils has a BIG problem, It's drawing
20amps, and making 3.5 foot sparks.  This is VERY BAD.
 I have no idea why it is acting up, but I belive it
might be due to bad coupeling?!  {note: the winding
starts 1" above the bottom winding of the HELICAL
primary}
Operation of the coil is VERY STEADY, and is NOT
erratic at all.  I am pretty shure I have my SRSG set
where it should be.
[Note: please trust the specs I am providing]
-The tranny is a 15/120NST "Draws more with my L.T.R.
MMC"
-A 120BPS sallent pole syncronious rotery gap
-Secondary coil 6.25" x 40" 20awg, 1250 turns
-helical primary 12.5" wide, tapped at 6 turns "no
room for a flat spiral primary."
-MMC is .05uF
note- USE THE PICTURE LINK I HAVE PROVIDED TO SEE WHAT
I AM WORKING WITH.  Any ideas will greatly help!
http://www.amasingscience.com/teslacoils/images/TWIN_FULL.jpg
http://www.amasingscience.com/teslacoils/images/TWINBIG_PRI.jpg
http://www.amasingscience.com/teslacoils/images/TWIN_MMC.jpg

Is the system in tune? I don't see any means to tune the primary coil resonance. It is possible to calculate everything precisely and don't have to tune anything, but if you tried this, why the tap in the primary coil? A tap has no function if it is not adjustable. Check the ground too.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz