[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Piezo transformers?
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:13:45 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:44 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <6G55gC.A.ZWH.Se8XDB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Here's something odd I hadn't encountered before: resonant high voltage
step up transformers with no coils: piezo stacks. Digi-key has them:
P6000-ND. They're being used as tiny fluorescent tube drivers for laptop
LCD backlights. Also used as HV supplies in negative ion generators.
So, now we can make Tesla coils which contain ONLY moving parts, rather
than the opposite!