Re: HV plate transformer attn: Scott Hanson

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx

Scott,
I'm sure it's single primary, the taps are brought to the top and through a plate marked 115V...the secondary is the same way....marked 3400-0-3400. i am an amateur coiler with NO solid state or vacuum tube experience. i have an M.S. frm Penn State Agronomy w/B.S. minor in Organic Chem., & my uncle is dean of E.E. at U of Illinois...so i have the ability to learn and comprehend tesla theory, however being self taught through the web, i don't have to tell you, the web has a lot of bad info too...I'm a stay-at-home dad so time is what i got...bartering would be ideal...i have other xfr's that i would love to find out what they are (my neighbor is a hauler/scrapper of industrial mat'l so i score all kinds of....and best of all, I'm in Anaheim,...i don't know anyone else into this so the list is my only resource...it would be great to meet and swap stuff, but more important ideas and theory..it's somewhat scary alone....using bottle caps, I'm interested in MMC's....contact me off-list & I'll kick you my ###-#### if you would like...i live real close to the 5 & the 91 split, la palma and Magnolia......

thanx,
tim