Next Coil

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

I bought my next coil form, 9.5 od mailing tube and will soon make a winding jig. The coil will be with a std transformer 14kv 150ma and multi tube spark gap. I have a question on my wire. The wire I have is fine stranded, silver plated, thin insulation. Over all OD is .051, the wire is .0385 stripped. When I put my information in a coil making program should I use the .051 dimension as the wire gage or the actual wire gage.

Rich