Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

. . . there a bunch of us radio nuts playing with CW beacons in the 137 kHz and 180 kHz regions. The latter are mostly "Part 15" transmitters which don't require a license if the power input is held to 1 watt or less and the antenna height to 50 feet. For the best possible lossless antenna setup that amounts to a radiated power of 32 milliwatts and most installations are at most a few percent efficient because of loading coil and ground resistance losses. . . .

Ed

I have a few questions about your beacons. First is your call sign still IZJ out of California? Also, have you been awarded a license to run a 2200 meter (135.7-137.8 kHz band) station under Part 5 rules or are you considering filing an application for same? Can you tell the list a little bit about your present LF transmitter? Is it crystal controlled or PPL? I assume it's a solid-state transmitter. What solid-state device does it use? Is the output waveform to the antenna a squarewave? If so, do you think your transmitter could be used as a solid-state Tesla coil driver? As for transmitter power, how do you measure the input to the final stage in order to comply with the one-watt restriction in this regard? And finally in regards to your antenna, I notice your article "Lowfer Antenna Introduction" at http://www.fix.net/~jparker/curry/1750mtb.htm has been removed from the web. Is it available elsewhere? Do you prefer the buried ground plane, the fully insulated counterpoise elevated on supports, or something in between? What size wire do you use for your loading coil? and what are the coil form dimensions and material. What do you use to tune your LowFer antenna?

Gary