Re: Interfacing to AC; lamps, relays

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/31/05 1:03:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
You might also look at standard breakout panels using the little
modular interfaces from Opto22 and so forth. Most of the data
acquisition companies (Data I/O, Measurement Computing, National
Instruments, Graybar, etc.) have them in one form or another, and by
the time you buy and wire up your own relays (even surplus), it's
pretty hard to beat the prebuilt panels.

I'll second this approach. Nice to have modular outputs - you can plug in any kind of opto-isolated interface you want (AC output, DC output, dry contact).
Bulky, but not so much as ice cube relays. Reliability and lifetime directly proportional to cabinet volume, IMHO.

-Phil LaBudde