Re: Interfacing to AC; lamps, relays

No, reverse diode if he is running DC which is better --- less chance of spikes due to more filtering of PS.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Interfacing to AC; lamps, relays

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 10/31/05 1:09:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Use a .01 uF cap across each relay to absorb this kick and also a reverse diode to block any additional kick.

Dr. Resonance

"Reverse" diode for an AC relay coil?
IIRC varistors do a better job than the R-C snubbers. The R-C's have to be carefully tailored to the coil 's properties to do much good.

-Phil LaBudde