Re: asking for assistance Katrina Scot D

"Please find it in your hearts to help the hurricane victims as much
as you can, for this is very REAL and very BAD for a LOT of people.

Justin
Austin, TX"

	Before donating to anyone it's worth checking to see if your company
will match donations.  Mine (Northrop Grumman) will give an equal match
to any donation and doesn't (yet) appear to have set limits.  We have
installations in Pascagoola (sp?), Lake Charles, and elsewhere but don't
think that's really the reason for the offer.

	I wonder if any of you are in a position to comment on a report going
around in ham radio circles this week.  The story is that there were a
number of hams on site throughout the area immediately after the
hurricane went through and equipped with emergency power and prepared to
handle two-way emergency traffic. I'm sure that part of the story is
true but the next part, that they were prohibited by the New Orleans
authorities from handling any emergency traffic is criminal if true.
The situation has changed and there is a massive volume of such traffic
now, but not in the beginning.

Ed