Re: The Electrum Project

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Boris.

> Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Dmitry ,
> I'm reposting this coz' looks like my response didn't
> make it through on first attempt.Comments below.

> -----
>  >
>  >  > The stepped leader influences the spark lenght
>  > but old
>  >  > portions of channel might be fastly conductively
>  >  > revived by  "dart leaders" however.
>  >
>  > portion of what channel?
> -----
> Of an old channel (to air) path  that remains after
> the previous shot.
> For this to happen ,I guess ,TC spark does NOT need to
> atttach grounded target.

then you may say that the first stage of forming absolutely all TC
leaders is a dart leader - coz every next bang uses channel, that
has been left from a previous one, but as for the lighting - they
don`t say so -  they say it`s one stepped leader.

or you are talking about a situation, when after the long air
discharge the next discharge follows the same channel?
but then it has the same length as the previous and as i said above it
doesn`t influence the maximum spark lenght.