Re: Introduction

"Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

It was around 60 years ago, as I recall,  that the president of the
ARRL amateur-radio society died in his "ham shack" from electrocution
by his 1 KW rig.  Ever since then I've been leery of h.v.  Likely a
mojor reason why I've stuck almost entirely to s.s.
t.c.'s  Congratulations on your survival!

Ken Herrick"

	Not quite right.  About 1938 Ross Hull (sp? don't want to bother to
look it up as the magazines are hard to reach), Technical Editor of QST
(at least I think that was his title again don't want to look it up) was
electrocuted while working on a home made TV set.  He had headphones on
and somehow got across a 4000 volt power supply, probably only a few
milliamps but enough.  He was found dead and no one knew exactly what
had happened. A perfect example of why one should be careful with
HV!!!!

	This was a real tragedy and loss to the ham community as he was very
active in VHF research and development and had contributed many
construction articles.  He was also a pioneer in radio control of
models.

Ed