Re: The Electrum Project

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Comments below
-----
> then you may say that the first stage of forming
> absolutely all TC
> leaders is a dart leader - coz every next bang uses
> channel, that
> has been left from a previous one, but as for the
> lighting - they
> don`t say so -  they say it`s one stepped leader.
-----
There is similarity and reminding to 'dart-stepped
leader' sequence all right.That's the closest I can
get in comparation with natural lightning.
But every further comparation stops there.

This all I can tell.

AFAIK,nobody has ever observed large TC spark
evolution by special cameras,with microsecond time
resolutions.Perhaps,coilers with most powerful coils
"out there" (Wysock,Parisse,Cox etc) should give a try
getting/borrowing equipment of that sort capable of
resolving many of the fine details of a long TC spark.
-----

> or you are talking about a situation, when after the
> long air
> discharge the next discharge follows the same
> channel?
> but then it has the same length as the previous and
> as i said above it
> doesn`t influence the maximum spark lenght.
-----
"Banjo"  effect captured by means of ordinary amateur
cameras isn't hard evidence that discharges tend to
follow the same path prolonging it a bit each time
until the energy balance is establisehed?

Boris