Re: Varnishing my secondary.

Use McMaster-Carr spray on high voltage insulation in a can. 4-5 coats allowing eocat to dry overnight. Woks excellent and gives a nice shine to the finished coil.

Dr. Resonance

This weekend I managed to finish winding the secondary of my smal Tesla coil (just over 600 turns) and now i need to varnish it. I am 14 and don't have a budget allowing for enough varnish to just dip a coil in. I am wondering if I could buy a small bottle of varnish and paint it on.