Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Paul,

Thanks for you post.  As always, it was interesting.

The bottom line is - there's no magic way to excite a current at
the receiver without projecting a field to the receiver.  Even if
you make a current by shovelling charge into a lorry (truck!) and
drive it to the receiver, I will show that the energy conveyed is
represented by the EM field of that charge.  (In such a case, the
work of the lorry goes into the field as it has to drag the
load of charge away from the equal and opposite amount of charge
left behind at the transmitter.)

Of course, I respectfully disagree with all such pedantic and absolute statements. But, that's one of the major entertainments of the Tesla list. Isn't it?

So, if one takes a charged macroscopic body and waves it longitudnally back and forth a longitudinal time variable electric field is produced. This field is a variable E field (sans magnetic field) and may be received at a distance by various methods empolying dielectrics in the receiver. Real energy is conveyed. If in doubt, this is an experimentally proven fact that you may wish to reproduce for youself.

In this electrostatic event energy is surely transferred without the benefit of a magnetic field or current. If you see it otherwise, please produce the experiment.

Regards,

Stork