Re: Newbie's problem?

Hi Matt,

Completely true, no doubt. But I must admit, I've come to actually enjoy the debates. Right now, there is a good one occurring (Tesla Coil RF Transmitter). Some might see this as just blowing smoke, but not in my mind. Gary, Stork, Jim, Paul, Jared, and others, all stating "here's what I understand" about this aspect of physics. I personally enjoy the debates and points of view being stated (all of them). I'm one of those that enjoys physics (which is what this whole debate is really about), but compared to those debating, I'm just not at their level. However, I do enjoy it, just as much as I enjoy contemplating a 7 hz coil, or answering a varnishing question.

I can understand how many coilers find these topics boring, but it's "THE GREAT TCML" that brought these individuals together and created an incredible forum of discussing these issues. I feel privileged to be apart of that, even if it is out of my realm of complete understanding.

Of course, "we all" recognize the subtle jabs that occur. I have learned to sit back and relax when emotions start surfacing. Tonight there was a subtle jab at Paul. But, I understand Pauls concern and have great respect for him. When you come to know someone for who they are, what they know, and have done, and then have someone else take jabs at them who were not there during those times, I get slightly offended as well. But, I can also understand when someone's understandings are viewed as pseudo science (and yet they don't see it that way) - they would certainly be offended if it was perceived as such.

All these topics, discussions, debates, etc.. are fantastic! These are the debates which produce great respect for one another, new founded friendships, and most importantly to everyone, are experiments realized to prove out these debates.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi All,

Just an observation: The most difficult job any newbie has is determining who's putting out solid, useful info, who's blowing smoke, and who's just slow-stroking his own "ego". By the time they figure it out, they are a veteran or maybe even an "old-timer". ;^))

Matt D.