Re: xfr's in series

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx

Mike & et al,
so then are there "amperage" (not really a word...but that's a different post) multiplier circuits? or are amperes strictly a function of turns?. I'd like to get into home made welders and before i buy 8 MOT i want to explore other things...i have a 3400-0-3400 E I xfr (bout 70 lbs) and a very high plate xfr (all i know is universal voltronics made it, 60lbs, sec. potted w/a post out the top....with it hooked to mains - say 60VAC off variac and 90uf PCF i can pull 5-6" arcs)

tim