Re: RF burns

Hi Sam,

In general, RF burns are just like any other electrical burn. Enough current in a small enough area will cause the flesh to burn. Electrical burns can go right inside your body. Current tends to flow along nerves and blood vessels since they are the least conductive. It is very possible to have no external skin burns while having internal burns from a shock. Electrical burns do not like to heal naturally and often need surgery.

"RF" normally will not give a pain sensation since the nerves cannot feel RF current, so you do not feel the electric current. Thus you can get a very bad burn without knowing it until the thermal pain hits or you smell smoke. Thus, an RF burn can be far more serious since you can get burned for a longer time before reacting to it.

In general, the current from the top of a Tesla coil will not cause serious burns. The primary circuit is very deadly however and can kill out right.

Cheers,

        Terry