Re: 8 kHz Tesla Coil

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bart,

-----
<SNIP>
> An 8 awg coil, just for giggles:
>
> 60" x 225" with 1660 turns of #8 and a 60" x 300"
> toroid = 8.07 kHz.
> A lower loss coil of the same freq is just to big
> for most coilers
> and is why our coils are at least x10 the freq or
> more.

-----
Try for exercise to calculate dimensions & parameters
of a multilayer helical winding assuming:

-9 layers (sheats) of #8 wire

-coil aspect ratio H/D~3

-equal Ldc inductance of the coil in comparation
 with the inductance of the given classical coil^^

I seem to be ariving at figures much more acceptable for a low frequency TC garage unit. At side note ,I wonder if anybody ever tryed constructing secondaries in such fashion by a winding machine,in a purpose for a spark output test comparation with usual TC designs.

Take care,
Boris