Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> This
> particular
> equation cannot meet the experiment, let alone
> confirm a magnetic
> field being produced by a varying electric field in
> a dielectric.

You're using a circular argument here. You started by
assuming that a magnetic field can't be produced by a
varying electric field in a dielectric, and you end up
asserting just what you assumed.

I'll restate my argument, which I don't think you have
done anything to disprove:

Power/energy can't be transmitted by either E or H
fields alone. It requires both to be present at once.

Therefore, if you see work of any kind being done on
an object in an electrical experiment, both E and H
fields must be present.

It is possible to do work by electrostatic forces,
such as in Van de Graaff generators, electrostatic
motors, and sticking balloons to the ceiling by
rubbing them on a cat.

Therefore, moving charges around by mechanical means
in electrostatics experiments must generate H fields.
Granted, maybe a huge E and a tiny H, but the product
of E and H must still account for the power
transmitted.

I guess the corollary of that is that there must be an
E-field in the airgap of an ordinary induction motor
too, such that I can integrate the Poynting vector
over a control surface drawn around the rotor and get
an answer that accounts for the motor's mechanical
output. That is a little harder to believe :-/ But
since the H field is so strong, it would only take a
very small E field to make the math add up.

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/